When children progress through the toddler years, they begin to gain better balance and more confidence in their ability to test out new skills, developing better fine and gross motor control, exploring and showing off their own strength. At UMC, our Toddler Program focuses on the development of social/emotional, language/communication, cognitive, and movement/physical development skill-sets that promote exploration, play, and observation/imitation.
Our program includes daily art activities, circle times, and free play both inside and outside. Please visit our “What is a co-op” page to find out more about the vital role parents play in our classrooms.
We have 3 toddler classes for children aged 23 months to 35 months by September 1st. Our classes are clustered by age, to enable children to interact with those at similar development levels.
For the current 2016/17 school year:
- Toddler 1 is Monday and Wednesday 9am – 11am for children born between 4/2/14 and 10/1/14.
- Toddler 2 is Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 11.15am for children born between 11/1/13 and 6/1/14
- Toddler 3 is Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 11.30am for children born between 9/1/13 and 3/1/14
For the Fall 2017 school year:
- Toddler 1 is Monday and Wednesday 9am – 11am for children born between 4/2/15 and 10/1/15.
- Toddler 2 is Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 11.15am for children born between 11/1/14 and 6/1/15
- Toddler 3 is Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 11.30am for children born between 9/1/14 and 3/1/15
Music and movement is incorporated in to our program every day. Additionally we have a special music teacher who comes twice a month. We sing, dance, play instruments and have a lot of fun while learning to love music.
Starting in September 2017 we are piloting an extra day for our Toddler program. On Fridays 9-11am you will be able to drop your child off for some extra play time at UMC. To find out more about this program please talk to our membership team.